Buffalo Bulletin bloggers

The Bulletin staff sound off on local issues, pop culture, and everything else under the sun. Read posts by staffers and write comments of your own.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Okay, I admit it. I have a bit of a problem.

I've become totally and completely addicted. Not really all that surprising as I've always believed I have a pretty serious addictive personality. You name it, I'll find something new and dive in so deeply, so intensely that I often lose a bit of perspective. It doesn't really matter what my addiction du jour is, I will find a way to completely overdo it.

This time it is my addiction to the upcoming national presidential election. This particular addiction is keeping me up at nights, sending me into the sweats and chills and nauseous moments that almost have me fetal. If I am away from any source of constant news updates I start to withdrawl. It's a sickness and I admit it.

I don't know where this constant need to be on top of this news cycle beast has come from. I am not an undecided voter - I've been sure of my vote and my candidate for some time now. I don't know why I feel this need to gorge myself on the dark and dirty secrets of campaign management but it has almost completely taken over my life.

I personally have watched both debates at least a dozen times, examining every nuanced statement. I have recorded all the Sunday morning news shows and watch and re-watch them. I can barely focus on work today wondering how the presidential debate will go tonight. And yes, I realize what this sounds like. I'm a nutter.

The good news is that I am down to less than a month of this and my addiction can be put to bed or at least to rest. Thank goodness November 4 is just around the bend. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Yager said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 7, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home